Non-Residents Capital Gains Tax

Non Residents Capital Gains Tax

All non UK residents are required to submit a ‘non-resident Capital Gains Tax (CGT) return’ if you have sold or disposed of UK property or land. This CGT return must be submitted to HMRC within 30 days of completion. Please note that if you do not let HMRC know before this deadline expires you’ll be subject to a late filing penalty, you may also be charged interest.

A lot depends on your circumstances as to whether you have to pay HMRC within this same 30 day period.

Included in the number of services we provide, we can calculate how much CGT is due as a non-UK resident.

We will also prepare all the necessary details for the tax returns and advice you on when your tax needs to be paid.

As of 6 April 2019, Corporation Tax is charged on gains from UK property or land for all non-resident companies.
You are required by law to report this on your company’s corporation tax return.

Don’t worry we can help you register your company with HMRC if it does not already submit tax returns.

We have a wealth of expertise so please do not hesitate to Contact Us Here for your FREE no obligation consultation.